Shifting Sands 2016 - Blitzkrieg!
The year is 1939 and the first embers of World War 2 are setting fire to Europe. German forces charge into Poland and then onto Western Europe. Will Hitler's armies be successful or can the Polish, British and French survive the onslaught?
See the discussion here
on the FoW forums.
- Date January 16th and 17th, 2016
- Location: Mesa Conference and Utilities building 640 N. Mesa Dr., Mesa, AZ, 85201
- Cost: $30.00 (Entry includes lunch for both Saturday and Sunday)
- 1500 points.
- Lists are due no later than January 12th.
Shifting Sands 2016 will be an Early War themed 2 day Firestorm event. Players can expect 3 rounds on Saturday and 2 rounds on Sunday.
- Players will choose from German, Polish, French or British forces as found in the Blitzkrieg book.
- Please check this Battlefront Update on Blitzkrieg and Version 3
- The Point level for this event is 1500 points.
- Any list found in Blitzkrieg is permissible.
- Air Support is allowed in this event.
- Warriors are NOT allowed. (These will be handled by Firestorm Units)
- Please note as this is a historical Firestorm event the Axis and Allied sides will need to be even.
- Please register early to secure a spot on your chosen side. Please also note that it will be helpful for some players to be flexible and be willing to switch from one faction to another if numbers dictate.
We will need Generals for the following
- Allied French/British
Please email me
if you interested.
- Please use the Sign up form by clicking here.
- Shifting Sands 16 is a themed Firestorm campaign driven event.
- Players will participate in the campaign map and their actions can and will impact the overall event.
- Each round players and their armies will face variable weather, the addition of Firestorm Units and other factors. This means that in any given round you may have more or fewer points than your opponent.
New for this Event is the addition of BlitzKrieg Aces!
During certain rounds and upon completion of certain goals players will receive special Blitzkrieg Aces dice.
At the start of each game players can "Spend" their dice to roll for a random upgrade for a unit/vehicle.
Better Moral, Extra Armor, Improved Engines are among the bonuses available. Stack your Ace die on a single unit or spread them out, it's up to you!
Army Generals will have the ability to earn special "Ultimate Dice" The General can issue these dice to his team
or keep them for themselves. Each one use die will give the player a powerful edge in battle, with bonuses above
and beyond anything found on the Blitzkrieg dice!
More information to follow!